Benefits of Reading Books to Your Children
We have all heard in our childhood how important it is to read books. Some were book nerds, some liked it occasionally, and some didn’t like reading them at all. Parents have tried everything from buying the most interesting books to getting us all comfortable for reading them. Now, some of the reasons why you should read books all through your life are to increase your vocabulary, increase your strength in English and knowledge. But still, some people tend to ignore these facts. Now, we will list down some reasons why you should read them out to your kids, or they should read books:
- Stronger Bond: When you read a book to your kid, you practically get involved in the story with them. You get inside a character and narrate the whole story to them while they enjoy listening to you. This creates a much stronger bond between the kids and the parent since they get to interact. The physical proximity also does quite a good job in increasing a good parent-child relationship.
- Logical Thinking: While you read your book to your child, the child keeps on wondering about the end, while they wonder; they make out different possibilities, which determine their strength of thinking. With the world of fantasy, they have to think how something can turn out in the end since children are always curious. They start thinking from when you start the story.
- Vocabulary: As we mentioned above, reading books would increase your vocabulary along with your kids while you read it out to them. Whenever we figure a new word in the story, we tend to search for the meaning, and thus we learn new words. The child will also curiously ask you what it means and that will increase their knowledge in turn.
- Stress: The stories that we generally read out to the kids have fun, magic, fiction which is to take your mind off the reality. Once your mind is thinking something apart from the reality, it is off stress naturally. Also, the stories are about castles, hills, prince, and princesses; it’s more of a fantasy world which is created by you while you and your child enjoy their world.
- Concentration: Since you are concentrating on a certain book while you read the book out to them your concentration increases. If you are not concentrating properly, the child can easily catch you since if they ask you something you’ll be lost. Also, the child is focused towards you, so their concentration level also gets higher once they are more patient and eager for listening to the story properly.
Now with these points to convince you we have many other points too as to why you should read books or why you should read them out to your kids. This is essential to know that it will also help them in building their future academic base.
With all this said, it is up to you how you feel about story books and reading them out to your kids!